Figure have shown that more than 7,800 people were diagnosed with mouth cancer in the UK last year. It can be a devastating disease, those diagnosed can suffer with breathing, swallowing and even drinking or eating.
It is important to know the symptoms
• mouth ulcers unexplained
• Persistent lumps in the mouth and lymph glands in the neck
• Pain or difficulty when swallowing
• Changes in your voice or speech problems
• bleeding or numbness in the mouth
• Mouth cancer often doesn’t cause any noticeable symptoms during its initial stages.
It is important to have regular dental check-ups. Your dentist may be able to detect mouth cancer during an examination.