Composite bonding is an increasingly popular cosmetic dental treatment that is used to improve the shape, colour and overall appearance of patients’ teeth.
Do you have a problem with your teeth that is affecting your confidence? Perhaps it is something minor and doesn’t warrant the need for braces or drastic dental treatment.
It uses the same resin material used for white fillings and is most frequently used on the front teeth – those that show when you smile. There have been huge advances in the materials used in bonding dentistry in recent years, meaning composite bonding can be used for disguising minor imperfections in the front teeth, closing small gaps and hiding minor tooth rotations, with no damage to your teeth.
Composite bonding is a minimally invasive and versatile treatment that uses a tooth-coloured composite resin material, carefully sculpted, to change the shape, colour and/or alignment of your teeth. It is also used to close gaps between teeth and repair breaks or chips that can occur. Depending on your need, it can be used for minor modifications and more complicated tooth reconstructions, making it suitable for trauma and cosmetic needs.
- Close the gaps between teeth
- Disguise a cracked or chipped tooth
- Increase the length of teeth
- Improve the appearance of discoloured teeth
- Even worn out teeth
- Change the shape of your teeth
There are alternatives out there, such as veneers and crowns, but composite bonding can benefit patients because it is a much simpler and much more cost-effective solution to those other treatments.
- composite bonding can be used to treat and disguise a range of dental flaws including chipped, worn, uneven, discoloured teeth
- composite bonding treatment is fast, with most appointments being completed in about an hour
- composite bonding is a painless cosmetic dental, it minimally invasive as none of your tooth needs to be removed
- there’s no need for injections or local anaesthetic
- results for composite bonding are instant – you’ll notice a difference in your teeth immediately and can leave Beacon Dentalcare with a new smile
- to update the look of your teeth, composite bonding is an inexpensive cosmetic dental treatment.
As with all of our dental treatments, we begin with a thorough initial consultation to make sure that this cosmetic dental treatment is suitable for you. We then ensure that you understand everything involved with your treatment, including the options available, the costs and the whole process.
You can get your teeth whitened first as this will provide a brighter base colour for the smile, and the resin is then matched to the lighter colour. Your dentist will then choose a composite resin that best matches your natural tooth colour.
Your tooth surfaces will then need to be slightly roughened to prepare the surface for the bonding.
The composite resin will then be applied to the tooth and moulded into the required shape then using a blue light. The resin is hardened before undergoing it’s final shaping.
The final stage is to polish the resin until it blends seamlessly with the rest of the tooth/teeth.